Research & International Program Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics, Section of Prevention Research Center
Research & International Program Coordinator (Research Services Professional)
Position #692560 - Requisition 08670
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Prevention Research Center has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (non-classified) Research & International Program Coordinator (Research Services Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication and post and pre award management, human subject compliance, research animal management, research laboratory coordination and instruction, environmental health and safety, radiation control, hazardous materials use, disposal and training.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The PRC Research and International Program Coordinator's role is to negotiate trademark and licensing rights and responsibilities consistent with the University of Colorado's Technology Transfer standards; process and submit continuing reviews of COMIRB protocols; facilitate implementation of program goals and objectives; manage communication among international and domestic partners; provide support to the Director and Center faculty; and provide administrative compliance coordination of research projects that are conducted jointly with the NFP NSO and other research institutions.
- Draft, negotiate, and evaluate licensing and support service arrangements for the PRC International Program (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, The Netherlands, British Columbia, Ontario, Norway, Bulgaria and Australia) with coordination from University's legal counsel and University Physicians, Inc.
- Negotiate trademark rights and responsibilities with foreign governments and create new trademark registrations for branding with the Technology Transfer Office, as well as manage accepted trademarks and their uses.
- Alert investigators when amendments to COMIRB protocols are needed, and implement and submit routine amendments.
- Provide administrative compliance coordination of research projects that are conducted jointly with the NFP NSO and other research institutions.
- Support hiring and orientation of new center staff and faculty.
- Facilitate regular communications and site visits with international partners.
- Participate in International system developments that support quality improvement and sustainability for all NFP/FNP international partners (e.g. annual review templates, guidance on national level implementation, review of materials and core model elements, support of program augmentations, etc.).
- Work with collaborators on IRB issues and external IRBs, as needed, to meet regulatory requirements and ensure necessary approvals are processed and obtained
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position is $54,000 - $60,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience, and experience working with the University/affiliate. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Business, Social Sciences or Healthcare, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 years of professional level program coordination experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check.
- Two (2) or more years of program coordination experience.
- Experience negotiating contracts and licensing agreements in international contexts.
- Experience working in clinical and policy-research contexts.
- Experience working with faculty, researchers, staff and students in higher education, or government environment.
- Experience working with the Nurse-Family Partnership program model.
- Experience working with international trademark and licensing protocols.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Understanding of the Nurse-Family Partnership program model.
- Understanding of international trademark and licensing protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate academic medical center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects that require attention to detail and coordination of effort among groups.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Questions should be directed to email@example.com
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21657 - SOM-PEDS Prev Rsch Ctr
Posting Date: Mar 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: David Olds
Posting Contact Email: David.Olds@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00692560