Data Specialist - Office of Enrollment Management (A1700081)
Office of Enrollment Management
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Data Specialist. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. The Data Specialist is responsible for working with the various Enrollment Management systems writing reports as well as moving and auditing data.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and schedule production reports of prospective, incoming and continuing student data for undergraduate recruitment, application processing, special academic support programs, graduation processing, diploma creation, and ongoing record keeping functions.
- Extract data from EM sources and other university databases to create reports responding to ad hoc reports needed for EM staff, colleges and departments, and other external campus entities.
- Provide support for data integration between University's ERP, CRM and custom/in-house applications as directed to meet Enrollment Management needs.
- Build queries for population selection, creating batch letter files, working in Slate (CRM) to configure mass emails/SMS send-outs for the ongoing Enrollment Management Outgoing Communication efforts.
- Support end-users in data retrieval and reporting from EM data systems and applications. Test vended solutions, internal applications and procedures to improve data and process integrity, improve features and minimize bugs and glitches.
- May be asked to work outside of business hours in order to meet critical Enrollment Management deadlines and to provide reporting and analysis on a demand basis to meet the University's Enrollment Management goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- One year of professional experience.
- Demonstrated competence in SQL.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite and Windows operating systems.
- Attentive to detail, organized and flexible in an environment of multiple projects and continually shifting deadlines.
- Strong verbal, writing and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with large and complex systems and data structures.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or related field.
- Three years or more of professional experience.
- Experience with SAS or MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge on University data sources (EDW, ReptProd, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex technical ideas to non-technical professionals.
- Experience in higher education.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by March 8, 2017. Proposed start date for this position is as soon as possible after the close date. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after March 8, 2017. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Enrollment Management
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 02/16/2017
Close Date: 03/26/2017