Digital Marketing Coordinator - College of Engineering Administration (A1700076)
Digital Marketing Coordinator
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Digital Marketing Coordinator. This position is responsible for telling the Engineering at Illinois story and delivering its marketing messages through digital and social media. The Digital Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of the Engineering Communications Office who reports to the Executive Director for Marketing and Communications for the College of Engineering.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the College communications staff to articulate and refine the College's brand.
- Develop marketing products in a variety of digital and traditional formats, including responsibility for the graphic design, web development, and video work that goes into those products, either working independently or as a member of a team.
- Develop and implement the College's broader digital strategy.
- Gather data for the College's digital efforts; analyze data to use in the implementation of new communications strategies and ideas
- Monitor social media to determine the sentiment that prospective students, donors, and friends have of the College; engage via social media to identify emerging issues and improve that sentiment.
- Supervise student workers, including developing strategy for and providing guidance to student interns working on digital media.
- Explore, develop and implement innovative communication approaches that will be effective and have significant positive impact on the stature of the college.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3 years of marketing experience
- Experience with design software, web development, and digital storytelling
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni, media and other key publics
- Experience in strategic communications and marketing
- Communication and marketing experience in a university or non-profit setting
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by March 7, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman, email@example.com, 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Engineering Administration
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 02/14/2017