Assistant/Associate Director of Gift Planning
The University of Illinois Foundation (UIF), a separate 501(c)(3) organization that raises and administers private gift support for the University of Illinois (UI) and its three universities, seeks an experienced Assistant/Associate Director of Gift Planning. The successful candidate will serve as a fundraising specialist in the area of planned giving arrangements, work collaboratively with colleagues across each of the three universities and UIF to provide technical support and guidance related to gift planning and secure major and planned giving commitments (both outright and deferred) for the University systems. Travel is required to advance gift planning strategies, stewardship, and professional development.
• Provides accurate and timely advice, calculations, proposals, documents, and other assistance to development/advancement officers, outside advisors, newsletter respondents, donors and other inquiring parties with regard to the technical aspects of outright and deferred gifts; including tax, estate, and financial considerations.
• Provides guidance to prospects and donors regarding charitable giving options as well as funding opportunities pertaining to colleges, departments, and programs.
• Maintains and manages a small portfolio of prospects and donors to ensure the appropriate quality and quantity of contacts pursuant to developed strategies.
• Ensures timely and accurate preparation and delivery of all gift documentation including donor gift agreements, statements of understanding, and life income agreements.
• Supports programs and activities designed to market planned giving to prospects and donors
• Develops and delivers training to advancement staff on gift planning techniques, tax ramifications, IRS requirements, and administrative guidelines related to gift documentation.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in major gift fundraising, charitable gift planning, or in related areas of law, taxation, trusts, or investments.
• Exemplary integrity, relationship-building skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytic ability and oral and written communications skills.
• Higher education experience is strongly preferred, along with a thorough understanding of investments (financial assets, real estate, etc.) and estate planning (wills and trusts).
• A Juris Doctorate (JD), a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation, or similar designation.
Competitive benefit package and compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive background check including, but not limited to, a criminal conviction and credit check will be conducted.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Application Process: For full consideration, all candidates must complete an online application and create a profile at jobs.uif.uillinois.edu and upload a cover letter and resume. Applicant interviews may begin before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS FOUNDATION
IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Close Date: 03/31/2017