Accounting Professional IV
Performs professional level duties in maintaining various accounting records for a dept or college; can include supervision of lower level accounting positions/staff.
This position will oversee supplier maintenance, monthly sales tax reporting for the university and assume the role of a fully operational international tax professional. The position operates independently to ensure proper tax withholding for all payments made to international persons and entities. Position will ensure compliance with Federal law (IRS, USCIS), State law, and University System of Georgia policy.
- Responsible for immigration and tax documentation for all international vendors receiving payment from KSU; including but not limited to visiting international faculty, international guest lecturers and performers, international students, international athletes and payroll.
- Responsible for ensuring that all internationals provide current immigration information verifying ability to be paid, as well as all other necessary vendor information.
- For payments made to international suppliers, responsible for ensuring that all documentation received enables KSU to legally pay the vendor.
- Responsible for reviewing the entry of international suppliers into the Financials database by Shared Services and entering international students/employees into 4300B.
- Request and review documentation, correspond with the requesting department, the department's Business Manager, and at times the international supplier.
- Responsible for signing off on all lecture and performance agreements involving internationals prior to payment being made.
- Responsible for ensuring that the proper tax rate is applied to each international supplier based on their visa type and the classification of payment being made.
- Responsible for reviewing the BANNER check register and verifying that non-resident alien students are identified as such in the Financials database.
- Enter compensation payments made to international suppliers into the Glacier database for 1042-S issuance purposes.
- Annually review all international suppliers paid for the prior tax year and inactivate or request inactivation of their record in Financials database as necessary and archive their vendor paperwork based on the USG retention policy.
- Review 4300B suppliers entered by Accountant II over supplier registration and assist with any domestic supplier registration when needed.
- Send international tax withholding wire to IRS monthly.
- Reconcile monthly sales tax and send off payment by the 20th of every month.
- Conduct federal and state tax workshops annually using online tax software for the international student population.
- Ensure that the International Services and Supplier Registration portion of the OFA website is kept up to date.
- Position of trust-will have access to SSN's, student banner information.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and other tax programs such as Glacier or WindStar.
- Experience applying immigration laws, international tax treaties, and international taxation withholding for taxation purposes.
- Experience with researching tax regulations.