LIBRARY DELIVERY ASST I/II
Duties: Under general supervision of the Manager, Library Facilities and Operations, is responsible for delivery and retrieval of library materials, computer equipment, photocopy supplies, furniture, equipment, etc. for the Library system located on and off campus in the Philadelphia, South New Jersey and surrounding area.
* Drive the Library's vehicle for pick-ups and deliveries: to include loading and unloading of materials and equipment as required.
* Retrieve materials at remote high density storage unit in New Jersey on a daily basis.
* Sorts, packs and shelves materials for distribution to departmental libraries and internal departments.
* Operate photocopying and facsimile equipment as needed to maintain delivery, equipment and vehicle records.
* Pick up cash (photocopy, fine, book sale and other income) from departmental libraries for deposit at the Cashier's Office.
* Maintain Library's vehicle on a regular basis to include refueling, taking the vehicle for service and state inspection, and checking the battery, tires, lights, etc.
* Assist in other projects as assigned by Manager, i.e. packing, labeling, and moving.
Qualifications: Valid driver s license; safe driving record; Ability to lift heavy items (75 lbs.) regularly throughout the course of the day (An average box of books
weighs approximately 50 lbs.)
For Library Delivery Assistant I:
New hires or current bargaining unit members in level one or two position are eligible (per CBA art. VI and VII)
For Library Delivery Assistant II:
Current bargaining unit members in level three or four position are eligible (per CBA art. VI and VII)
Reference Number: 50-25094
Salary Grade: U
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: University Library
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 1-Unionized