Utility Systems Welder Senior
Working Title: Utility Systems Welder Senior
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 03-31-2017
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Utility Systems Welder Senior provides technical support and performs welding and cutting on a variety of metals including carbon steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and plastics such as HDPE, PE, and PVC. Duties include repairing, maintaining, and installing steam, condensate, heating hot water, chilled water, domestic water, storm, sanitary sewer, waste stacks, vents, plumbing fixtures, gas, and similar systems; pipefitting; welding to ANSI/ASTM B31.1 X-ray standard for heating distribution piping and other applications; fabricating containers and structural supports; and general work on equipment or systems in plants, steam tunnels, and the utility infrastructure.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of welding equipment.
2. Demonstrated knowledge for pipefitting procedures.
3. Ability to interpret drawings.
4. Understandings of various pipe distribution systems.
5. Must pass X-ray Welding test in accordance with B31.1
6. Ability to weld using GTAW, SMAW, GMAW processes.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of plasma cutting, cutting torches, soldering and silver soldering.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of rigging pipe and associated materials to successfully complete projects.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81276