Perinatal Research Nurse
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Perinatal Research Nurse - Professional Research Assistant
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a Perinatal Research Nurse to assist with both industry and grant-funded clinical protocols. The research nurse will work closely with and provide support for the Research Nurse Coordinator and Principal Investigators. The position will be based at the Anschutz Medical Campus and at Denver Health and will require some travel between these hospitals and to other medical sites in Denver.
The Perinatal Research Nurse will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Screen, recruit and consent research subjects at both University of Colorado and Denver Health
- Accurate data collection and entry
- Collect and process research samples
- Manage patient tracking and follow-up visits
- Assist in the training and in-servicing of hospital stuff on new study protocols
- Maintain research records
- Assist with monitoring study budgets and payment reconciliation
- Collaborate with other research personnel and groups on a variety of studies
- Maintain study specific certifications, human subjects protection training, computer training and other hospital required training.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- A minimum of 2 years in an Obstetrical or Pediatric Setting
- BLS certification
- Phlebotomy Skills
- Ability to pay close attention to study details and strictly follow IRB/FDA regulations
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with clinical research subjects and other health professionals
- Experience in clinical research
- Experience in operating laboratory equipment and processing specimens
- Prior experience with Electronic Medical Records, specifically EPIC
- Ability to speak Spanish
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 8689
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21588 - SOM-OB/GYN BRS
Posting Date: Mar 2, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Bethany Ginzburg
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00732081