Senior Network Engineer - IMT Engineering (S420)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This individual serves as Senior Network Engineer for Information & Media Technology (IMT). The Senior Network Engineer will provide technical leadership to all Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and Infrastructure Engineers. This person shares responsibility for the development, operation, and maintenance of APU's Network infrastructure. Responsibilities include managing wired/wireless networks, VoIP, installation and configuration of all Network Equipment (traditional network and telecom specific) equipment, monitoring Internet, CO, and Wide Area Network (WAN) connections, monitoring network usage and security logs, and responding to critical incidents.
You will be a part of the IMT Engineering team, an agile development and operations unit responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University. Increasingly, you will be part of cross-functional teams bringing automation to systems supporting operations.
- Any combination of education and training to possession of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas; such education should be at a level which demonstrates the ability to perform duties comparable to those listed therein.
- Possession of a Network Engineering Certificate or equivalent is required
- Possession of a CCNA or equivalent is preferred
- 6-9 years of Network or Systems Engineering and Administration experience in a professional environment
- Experience in all areas of local and wide area networks management and administration including system configuration, setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support
- Experience of the following: NAC, VPN, remote access servers, security devices, firewalls, security protocols, IDS / IPS, NAT/PAT, ACS, Adaptive Authentication, SecurID, Radius/LDAP/TACACS
- Experience installing and Microsoft server technologies; experience supporting telecommunications equipment
- Experience with managing data circuits: T1, DSx, OCx, MPLS, Metro Ethernet, etc
- Experience installing and managing SSL and IPSec VPNs on Cisco ASA or equavilent platforms
- In-depth experience with managing wireless LANs in an enterprise environment
- Experience with managing Cisco Call Manager or equivalent in an enterprise environment
- Experience with bandwidth shaping and QoS implementation
- Experience with switching, VLAN, STP, VPMS, Etherchannel
- Experience with static, EIGRP, RIPv2, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols
- Experience with managing and editing of ACLs
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Actuates network infrastructure planning, design, and implementation.
- Actuates the implementation of special projects relating to upgrades and redesign the network/telecommunications infrastructure (Physical and Logical).
- Trains department personnel and others on network operations and demonstrates available network resources.
- Maintain data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems
- Assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans.
- Assists in maintenance, problem solving, and providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support.
- Maintain and create LAN user documentation, including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems.
- Install, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances.
- Researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems; develops, maintains and implements network support.
- Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support.
- Assists other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support and specialized training.
- Travel to other APU locations as required.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.