Cloud Vendor Manager
Cloud Vendor Manager
Job Number: 74162
Come and join us in supporting Stanford's teaching and research mission! In this newly created position, the Cloud Vendor Manager will help create University IT's cloud vendor management program and guidelines. We're looking for a seasoned IT strategic sourcing and vendor management professional with a proven track record and expertise in negotiating and managing cloud vendors and contracts. In summary, we need a strategic thinker who can create and run a well thought out cloud vendor management program from scratch by partnering with engineering teams and major campus IT stakeholders. CORE DUTIES*:
- Lead the creation of University IT's cloud vendor management program. Conduct detailed research and critical analysis of requirements; consult with senior management, engineering teams and other key stakeholders to determine overall objectives and direction; establish program structure, processes and procedures for effective evaluation and management of cloud vendors.
- Effectively communicate cloud vendor management policies, procedures and benefits to University IT and broad campus IT stakeholders.
- Partner with engineering project teams in evaluating, selecting and contracting with cloud vendors based on established requirements and guidelines.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the best outcomes for pricing as well as business terms and conditions.
- Ensure the chosen vendors deliver cloud services per contract. Conduct ongoing monitoring and periodic business reviews and audits to make sure vendors fulfill contractual obligations including Service Level Agreements, data security requirements, etc.
- Manage cloud vendor relationships; resolve complex issues or problems with vendors as they arise.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of ten years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of vendor management, strategic sourcing and contract management concepts, practices, and procedures, especially related to cloud vendors.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Seasoned negotiator, capable of leading complex negotiations with cloud vendors.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly and effectively present information to internal and external audiences, and all levels of management.
- Advanced research skills, ability to analyze and interpret complex language and apply rules to University facts and circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate closely with operations, product and executive teams to determine areas of improvement.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks;
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly, fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weight 11-20 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.