Registration Specialist for PDC Programs
University of La Verne
Registration Specialist for PDC Programs
Job Description Summary:
In compliance with FERPA guidelines, assist PDC student populations in all aspects of transcripts and registration including, but not limited to: transcript requests, entry and audit of grades, and enrollment verification. This position is the primary staff member responsible for all elements of Registrar services provided to PDC students and also provides support for general student assistance and other projects as assigned by the Registrar or Manager of Registration Operations. This is a half-time position.
1. Grades and Transcripts:
- Process, audit, and track the entry of grades for the PDC programs: turn the grade submission process on/off in Banner; run missing grade reports; where no grades are submitted, enter placeholder data into Banner and follow up with faculty to obtain grades; roll grades into academic history; print and mail grade reports. Provide general grading support to other Registration staff.
- Edit grades to ensure data integrity and adherence to University policy: run and review grade audit reports and academic standing reports as requested by the Registrar or Manager of Registration Operations; run and distribute grade and academic standing reports for staff, faculty, and advisors.
- Assist in the reception, processing, and mailing of official transcript requests made online, in person, or by mail; act as support for specific and general transcript inquiries; communicate with students, faculty, and staff if a transcript cannot be provided; troubleshoot transcript orders placed online with National Student Clearinghouse.
2. Registration and Records
- Provide support to students, staff, and faculty in the usage of the MyLaVerne self service webpage, including navigation and log-in procedures; registration; grading; resetting PINs; entering overrides, and giving general instructions on policies, usage, and procedures.
- Evaluate, explain, and respond to faculty and student inquiries regarding self-service and manual registration; assist as needed with processing directed and independent study courses, quick admit registrations, and grade option changes; understand and articulate University policies and procedures related to all aspects of registration.
- Under direction of the Manager of Registration Operations, assist other Registrar staff with building and maintaining course schedules in Banner.
- In accordance with FERPA regulations, research, evaluate, and respond to student, employer, and lender requests for enrollment or degree verifications.
- Ensure integrity of all data contained in each student’s Banner record, including accuracy of campus and rate assignments, student status, curriculum information, grades, and registration records; as directed by the Registrar or Manager of Registration Operations, assist Registrar staff to maintain data integrity; review data audit reports and perform data clean-up in Banner, particularly as needed to run grade processes and federally mandated data exchanges. Work with PDC Administrators to verify data contained in the Banner student record; make corrections and updates to Banner as needed to reflect accurate student data.
- Regularly scan and index student documentation collected throughout the Registrar’s offices; scan and index course review documentation for archival records.
3. Office Support and Clerical Duties
- Professionally serve the La Verne community and general public with excellent customer service at the front counter, main Registrar phone line, and main Registrar email account; process registration requests; take University ID photos; process transcript requests; answer general questions regarding University policies and procedures; respond to all voice mail and email messages and inquiries within two business days; direct inquiries to other staff as appropriate.
- Prepare hard copy documents for permanent storage, scanning, destruction, or return to admissions location.
- Perform clerical tasks including, but not limited to, word processing, photocopying, filing, faxing, mail distribution, scanning, indexing, and general office duties. In accordance with FERPA guidelines, research and update addresses for returned mail; update addresses collected during transcript ordering.
- Support Degree Completion Coordinator as needed to prepare for twice yearly commencement ceremonies: respond to student, staff, and advisor inquiries regarding commencement events and graduation status; coordinate participant requests for special accommodations; enter degree information and commencement attendance information into Banner; proofread Commencement lists to verify accurate student name, degree, and honors information, and perform various duties as needed at Graduation Fair and Commencement ceremonies. Work as needed with the Commencement Office to provide additional services.
5. Miscellaneous Duties
- Other tasks as assigned by the Registrar and Manager of Registration Operations.
- AA degree or equivalent
- 1 year of office or clerical experience
- 1 year of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s Degree - 1 year previous Higher Education Experience - Experience with and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation