Academic Scheduler I
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Academic Scheduler I position. The Academic Scheduler I utilizes the College's designated system to reserve classrooms for meetings and events; supports maintenance of the course catalog and room inventory; and schedules credit and non-credit classes and final exams. The Academic Scheduler I works collaboratively and under the direction of the Academic Scheduler II to ensure timely and accurate system additions or changes to curricula; supports maintenance of an accurate system representation of prerequisites; and supports acquisition of accurate academic information for the College catalog and other publications. The Academic Scheduler I supports the implementation and/or maintenance of all College ERP systems such as DegreeWorks; Banner, Resource 25/25Live, etc.).
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Demonstrated ability to be highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and produce consistently accurate and detailed work required.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills required.
• Computer proficiency utilizing MS Word and Excel required.
• Experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information system required.
• Ability to work extended hours, when needed, is required.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making assessments for decisions required.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Experience in an academic environment with academic course scheduling skills utilizing technical software preferred.
• Previous experience supporting credit/non-credit educational curricula and programs preferred.
• Knowledge of class scheduling models and utilization reporting preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Experience using a degree audit system, such as Degree Works, preferred.