Business Services Manager - University Services
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position administers the business operations of the University Services departments. Directly supervises business administrative staff. Responsible for accounting and financial operations, and the system administration staff.
- BA in Finance preferred
- College degree with business or accounting major required.
- 3 to 5 years of business experience, preferably in a university environment.
- Supervisory experience or employees and processes.
- Directly supervises business functions of multiple departments within University Services. Processes daily transactions, prepares financial reports for internal and external distribution.
- Administers unrestricted account budgets. Plans and develops short and long-term budgets. Provides projections and forecasts and analyzes financial impacts. Analyzes actual versus budget performance to determine variances. Takes corrective action, as required.
- Provides regular and special financial reports, as required for department's operations.
- Administers internal financial policies and procedures. Ensures department's compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as university financial policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises all assigned subordinate staff (Accounts Receivable/Payable Coordinators and System Administrator. Recruits, screens, hires and trains staff. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback to assigned staff. Counsels, disciplines and/or terminates employees as required.
- Develops, enhances and maintains information systems to support financial operations. Ensure that internal systems complement university-wide systems and that information is reconciled on a regular basis.
- Assists in strategic planning activities, as assigned. Researches and compiles data required for development of assumptions, projections and strategies. Monitors action plans, implements changes, as required.
- Assists in management of department projects as assigned.
- Maintains compliance with APU missions, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Computer Skills including: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Google Mail skills.
- Able to perform detailed accounting and cashiering functions.
- Skilled in the operation of office machines (e.g. fax, calculator, cash registers, and computers).
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- Service oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to keep information confidential.
- Able to work within a budget structure.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Speaking and hearing on the telephone.
- Able to walk to and from different locations on campus to obtain reports, paperwork and cash deposits.
- Able to grasp, pull, reach, occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Computer and peripheral equipment
- PeopleSoft Financial Module
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Computer network (department or university)
- General Point of Sale Operations
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.