One Stop Specialist I - Yuba City
To knowledgably assist and continually support, Brandman University Students with each of the various steps and processes experienced throughout the student lifecycle and beyond. To provide high quality, customer focused service to all students, staff, and guests.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 100% of time
- Provide financial aid information to students regarding the application process, needs determination, verification, and status of their financial aid application in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Work with Financial Aid Office to resolve information discrepancies. Reconcile admission status with financial aid applications.
- Complete financial aid Information Summary Sheets based on student education plans.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state, and institutional programs, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve as the main point of contact for students with the financial aid office.
- Troubleshoot student accounts to ensure funds are received including following up with students regarding any missing documents, unit/program changes, enrollment delays and the satisfactory academic progress appeals process.
- Assist the Financial Aid Office with default prevention activities and tasks.
Student Accounts/Business Services
- Assist students with various questions regarding their accounts including but not limited to payments, holds, and refunds.
- Run student account reports, analyze student accounts and records for accuracy and completion.
- Contact students regarding past due accounts and provide due diligence in collecting money owed to the university.
- Process student requests for refunds as required by federal regulations and University policies/procedures. Coordinate with business office to ensure timely payment of tuition and application fees.
- Communicate to students in a clear and concise manner, update comments and document all conversations in the appropriate area of the student management system.
- Work closely with Enrollment Coaches to ensure applicants are receiving up to date admissions information as well as moving forward with the admissions process. Input Information Request Form.
- Work closely with Admission Department to ensure prospects/applicant’s questions are addressed.
- Perform general admission related tasks including tracking and follow-up to secure missing documents.
- Enter admission documents and information into database and ensure applicant status is accurate.
- Scan and clean (QC) admission documents into imaging systems.
- Coordinate New Student Orientations.
- Perform student services functions including assist students with registration questions/processes; add/drop procedures, graduation information and basic student application questions.
- Input and track missing documents including Master Payment Contracts and Interest Disclosure Statements.
- Set appointments for students to meet with additional resources when solutions extend beyond the defined authority level.
- Assist students throughout the credential program process including scheduling appointments with academic advisors & faculty, collect paperwork and credentialing packet, and provide support to the field service coordinators
- Run credential services report from student management system, review for accuracy and follow up with students to obtain missing documentation.
- Provide information to military students regarding all applicable programs and services.
- Collect & review all military program forms, build and maintain military student file of supporting eligibility documents and continued certification of enrollment for audit purposes.
- Work with central office military staff and the VA Education Liaison to assist veteran students with any issues that may affect their
attendance or benefits.
- Cordially greet and acknowledge all students, guests, staff members, and faculty.
- Provide information to prospective students regarding Brandman University’s academic programs and calendar including the application process, financial aid programs, eligibility requirements, and military programs and benefits.
- Run as scheduled or as needed various reports from the student management systems.
- Review reports and respond appropriately to results.
- Troubleshoot areas of concern and coordinate with university personnel to resolve issues uncovered by reports.
General Office Services
- Provide library support to Brandman students by utilizing library guides and resources to assist with finding answers to basic questions.
- Perform general office duties including but not limited to, composing and copying documents, assembling packets, maintain office calendar and arrange appointments, process mail, manage BU collateral, order supplies.
- Coordinate meetings and programs, including information sessions, workshops and student events; oversee room reservations and set-up.
- Provide basic technical classroom support for audio & visual equipment.
- Exceptional customer service skills including:
o Minimum 2 years previous experience in student financial aid, student accounts, customer-based accounting positions (e.g., collections, loan administration) or closely related field.
o Outstanding customer service skills including interpersonal and active listening skills along with an analytical and critical thinking ability to interpret and respond appropriately to diverse groups of people in various situations.
o Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with tact and diplomacy in all oral and written communications.
o Ability to work effectively in a team environment and participate to get the job done, while continually focusing on the needs of the students.
o Ability to exercise appropriate personal initiative and accountability.
- Associate's degree or 2 years of college
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
- General familiarity working in database systems including data, entry, queries and running reports.
- Ability to accurately perform key mathematical functions (e.g. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Familiarity with the use of standard office equipment (e.g. copier, fax, scanner, etc.).
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Proven ability to execute instructions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Must have exceptional follow-up, follow-through, and attention to details skills, accomplishing tasks with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment amidst interruptions and fluctuating workloads.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends according to campus operating requirements. May require travel for meetings, conferences, or between locations and may include overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Previous experience working in higher education.
- Knowledge of Chapman/Brandman University policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred