Executive Assistant II Payroll Specialist
Executive Assistant II [Payroll Specialist]
University of San Diego
Department: Office of the Controller
Under general supervision, performs all responsibilities in processing and distribution of the university's biweekly/monthly in-house payroll in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for daily entry of payroll processing, provide excellent customer service, and utilize the USD Way. Payroll is responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal and State agencies in regards to paychecks as well as ensuring pay practices. This position operates under the direct supervision of the Payroll Supervisor.
Responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Assist the Payroll Supervisor in training and mentoring new employees and student workers.
• Run biweekly/monthly costing and interface to the General Ledgers.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating payroll process procedures which includes the mapping.
• Prepare and distribute biweekly/monthly Payroll and Tax Deposit Reports.
• Process bi-weekly and/or monthly payroll for processing.
• Process garnishment for biweekly and/or monthly employees
• Prepares biweekly/monthly payroll terminations, manual checks, check re-issues and process adjustment transactions.
• Responsible for verifying and maintaining payroll related system information.
• Customer Service
• Act as backup for other payroll personnel, as needed.
• Miscellaneous job responsibilities and department requirements.
• Two year college degree or comparable course study and/or relevant certification.
• At least three years payroll experience, preferably working in a large organization.
• Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
• Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
• CPP preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Demonstrated experience using organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and adjust workflow as needed.
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet payroll deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Analytical with strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to operate a personal computer and computerized payroll systems.
• Flexibility to willingness to learn and adapt to processes, procedures and new administrative information systems.
• Ability to operate a photocopier, facsimile machines.
• Ability to operate a 10 key calculator by touch.
• Ability to file numerically, alphabetically, and alpha-numerically.
• Ability to handle several incoming telephone lines.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $20.22 - $23.84 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visithttp://www.sandiego.edu/smoke-free/
To Apply: http://www.sandiego.edu/jobs/
Be sure to upload your resume for full consideration. In addition, you are strongly recommended to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers' review.If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com.