Audio Video Lead Technician/Field Project Manager
The AV Technician/Field Project Manager will possess a minimum of four years of verifiable experience as a full-time Audio Video Technician with project management involvement in the field. This candidate will be proficient in cable terminating and soldering. Our technicians are held to a high standard in regard to wire and rack management, thus experience in this arena is also mandatory. Familiarity with control systems is strongly preferred. Travel is required.
The Lead Technician will work with Audio Video Technicians and various trades to fulfill installation requirements from Post-Sales Design through implementation and on to Final System Commissioning. The Lead Technician will provide project specific guidance to the AV Installation Technicians to complete high level physical installation tasks with professionalism in the corporate environment.
- On a team that provides AV installation service to various clients with an emphasis on quality and professionalism. We are looking for people with a positive attitude, attention to detail and a passion for providing extraordinary customer service. This position is responsible for participating in and completing multi-phase AV projects and tasks.
- All field project requirements and provide a daily project update with hours worked and any job specific information that may affect the project's original completion requirements. The position is also responsible for all project documentation including markup drawings for as built documentation, commissioning report, and close out documentation.
- Required to complete assignments in a timely manner while working with other Field Technicians to complete tasks. The ideal candidate possesses the desire to learn procedures, increase technical knowledge and refine customer relation skills.
- Ability to manage projects and provide daily field reports to the Project Manager.
- Ability to work closely with General Contractors and various construction trades.
- Basic understanding of AV installation, construction techniques and structured cabling.
- Proficiency with hand/power tools, low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts. Ability to run cable and solder, crimp and compress the vast array of AV interfaces and connectors.
- Comprehension of wiring schematics and architectural drawings.
- Experience with test equipment required for commissioning.
- Commitment to work under pressure within specified deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the desire to work for a professional company.
- Willing and able to take classes and/or training for industry specific knowledge and certifications required by MCP.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Basic installation experience with Extron, Creston, Biamp or other residential and commercial manufacturers.
- Basic knowledge and experience physical installing: projection screens, display mounts, ceiling speakers, wired microphones and equipment racks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in the work they perform.
- High School Diploma or GED
- InfoComm CTS certification preferred, complete within 1 year of employment at minimum
- Candidate must pass a Drug Screen
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary
- At least 4 year's experience installing complex Audio Video Systems
Midwest Computer Products, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
Leading Audio Visual provider of design, installation and integration, based in West Chicago, IL
West Chicago, IL
Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:46:47 PST