Construction Accountant / Controller
We are looking for a detailed oriented person with strong accounting skills to assist with timely and accurate information reporting including responsibilities for Job Cost Tracking, construction draw management, balance sheet reconciliations, processing construction banks draws, working with fund control, and communication with project management on project status and payment approvals.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the maintenance, processing, reviewing, tracking and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
2. Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage draw requests/requirements provide timely responses to questions and inquiries.
3. Responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, job costing and general ledger posting as related to construction.
4. Calculate and invoice job costs with associated general contracting fees.
5. Responsible for Construction Accounts receivable tracking, Management and reporting.
6. Process company payroll and allocate payroll to job cost for all projects.
7. Job cost tracking, analysis and reporting.
11. Lien waiver Maintenance.
12. Knowledge of GAAP percentage-complete accounting, WIP schedules a plus.
13. Knowledge of Sage 100 accounting software a big plus.
The candidate must have strong excel skill as well as the following required skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 3+ years experience with a construction company.
- Strong communication and Organizational skills.
- Bring a positive attitude and be able to work in a team environment.
- General Understanding of GAAP
Familiarity with subcontractor contracts and change order processing is a plus.
As an award winning Family Owned General Contractor we have been in business for over 25 years constructing and remodeling luxury single family homes predominately in the San Diego coastal area.
La Jolla, CA
Wed, 1 Mar 2017 21:59:14 PST