Title III Grant Activity Coordinator
Title III Grant Activity Coordinator
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
SCF seeks employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the following position of Title III Grant Activity Coordinator.This position will provide leadership and overall management and supervision of the college's Title III, Strengthening Institutions Program U.S. Department of Education grant in conjunction with the Director, Enrollment Management Operations. The five-year federally funded project will develop and deploy a number of strategies to establish academic/career pathways, enhance the college readiness programming and implement student success analytics into every day work practices to increase success of first time in college students specifically and all students generally. This position will primary responsibilities in the day-to-day coordination of all grant activities and post-award administrative responsibilities. This position will support the Director, Enrollment Management Operations and will also support the faculty and staff who perform activities funded by the Title III grant. Because the Title III grant program touches many aspects of the College, this individual will coordinate with faculty, staff, and administrators in several departments and offices across campus to ensure the activities carried out under the grant award are meeting the proposed objectives and in compliance with the funder's cost principles.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Recommend and maintain effective organizational and administrative structures and processes for successfully carrying out the grant activities.
2. Develop overall schedule and timeline for project, reaffirm activities, oversee technology pilot testing phases, and monitor progress.
3. Ensure grant activity strategies are implemented in accordance with project timeline and assess for effectiveness of meeting the grant activity goals.
4. Coordinate and monitor college readiness, academic pathways, and student success technologies processes to ensure continuous improvements aligned with the grant goals.
5. Plan and coordinate meetings of the Title III Steering Committee and subcommittees.
6. Responsible for initiating and monitoring all grant expenditures in compliance with funder's cost principles, federal regulations, project objectives, and College requirements.
7. Create and maintain appropriate and accurate documentation for grant project management.
8. Provide resources, support and coordination with faculty, staff and administrators to ensure the grant award are meeting the proposed objectives.
9. Communicate regularly and effectively with grant activity stakeholders to ensure ongoing progress.
10. Serve as back-up to Director, Enrollment Management Operations for Title III related meetings and presentations when necessary.
11. Develop meeting resources, materials, and documents to support project leadership and committee and work group activities.
12. Responsible for the collection of data for quarterly reports and project evaluation of grant activities.
13. Evaluate progress toward achievement of objectives and provide monthly reports of progress and obstacles to the Director, Enrollment Management Operations and Steering Committee.
14. Responsible for the preparation of required reports to the U.S. Department of Education.
15. Performs other duties as assigned related to the grant.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and two years experience in activities related to student success initiatives and/or grant management.
• Supervisory Experience:
One or more years of experience as a "lead" employee, with responsibility for scheduling and assigning work, facilitating teams, training employees, and assisting others with problems, is required.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Education, Public Administration aligned with Title III goals, outcomes and objectives. Successful management large-scale projects and budgets, developing performance and project reports and conducting project evaluations. Experience in student success programs or in the application of technology to support student success.
• Computer Skills:
Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software. Department of Education E-Grants preferred. Knowledge and experience with Banner preferred.
Apply now at https://employment.scf.edu/postings/2004
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special note about completion of application:
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
This position is funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Education Strengthening Institutions Program (Title III) grant. The grant ends September 30, 2021.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name Student Development
Work Schedule 12 month
Work Hours From 8:00 am
Work Hours To 4:30 pm
Total Hours Per Week 37.5
Continuing Contract Status Not Eligible
Requested Start Date ASAP
Job Type Staff/Administration
Benefits Eligible Yes
Hiring Range $41,453 -$53,474
Job Open Date 03/01/2016
Open Until Filled No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL 34206.