Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 3891 - Temporary - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
Perform construction administration duties on various major projects at the Oxford Campus.
- Education and Experience: minimum of five years experience as a full-time construction project manager; or, a bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering, plus a minimum of two years, full-time, relevant experience, preferably with higher education laboratory facilities.
- Construction knowledge: understanding of common commercial and institutional construction techniques, practices, means, methods, tools and equipment; must be knowledgeable about building codes related to various construction disciplines; understanding the skilled trades work, to include carpentry, general trades work, laboratory casework and fume hood systems, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, data & telecommunications, and fire protection. Experience with multiple prime, general contracting, Construction Manager at Risk and Design/Build contracts.
- Technical understanding: ability to read, interpret, and understand construction drawings, specifications, design details, and technical submittals; must be knowledgeable in reading and interpreting construction schedules, including CPM and P6.
- Attention to detail: ability to maintain detailed and complete records of construction activities and costs; strong organizational skills.
- Communication skills: ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons.
- Commissioning: familiarity with commissioning procedures with regard to attaining LEED certification.
- Customer service skills: understanding of modern customer service theories, practices and methods.
- Managerial complexity: must be able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and be able to determine appropriate priorities; must be able to make independent interpretations and make appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of the organization and are consistent with the objectives of Miami University.
- Computer skills: must be proficient in the use of business application software, to include word processing, spreadsheet and database programs; experience in the use of Microsoft Project software is preferred.
- Experience working with State of Ohio construction administration processes and procedures.
- Driver’s license: must have a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.