Assistant Professor/Instructor of Healthcare Administration
Founded in 1958, Quincy College is a two-year, municipally affiliated college serving approximately 4,000 students at campuses located in Quincy and Plymouth, Massachusetts.
Quincy College Mission Statement
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee's performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
Under the direction of the Dean of Professional Programs, the faculty member will serve as a member of the faculty of the Health Care Administration/Medical Billing & Coding program, maintain a competent level of performance and professional development in the position and carry out other job related duties as assigned. Duties which may be assigned to a faculty member are set forth in the Quincy Education Association Agreement. Other responsibilities include student advising, curriculum development, assignment to College committees, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean.
- Teach courses in the Health Care Administration/Medical Billing & Coding program, and as otherwise directed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the Dean of the Division of Professional Programs;
- Arrange placements, advise students, and supervise placements in internships;
- Prepare students for NHA national coding test; working knowledge of both ICD-9 and ICD-10 is required.
- Collaborate with other appropriate faculty in the planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating of HCA/MBC courses;
- Understand and implement changes in the industry into the curriculum;
- Collaborate with other appropriate faculty to facilitate and integrate correlated approach to course offerings;
- Participate with others in the annual review or revision of course outlines, bibliographies, study guides, media, text book selection, and other related course materials;
- Demonstrate motivation, self-direction, and perseverance towards achieving philosophy and mission of the Division of Professional Programs;
- Engage in the academic life of the college by serving on college committees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in mandatory training/coursework. Including but not limited to:
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Harassment and Non-Discrimination
- Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
- Municipal Ethics Law
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Travel: Assignment/ travel between the Quincy and Plymouth campuses may be required.
Educational Experience: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university; master's degree preferred. ICD-9 certification required; ICD-10 certification required.
- Three (3) years college teaching experience, preferably in a community college setting;
- Three (3) years experience teaching and/or working in medical billing and coding;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission;
- Experience instructing students from a diverse background;
- Experience using technology in the classroom and/or for distance learning, and traditional/nontraditional methods of instruction;
- Experience using multiple measures to assess student learning.
- Qualified applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Quincy College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy. Quincy College is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.
Please submit the following documents online:
- Cover Letter
Apply for Assistant Professor/Instructor of Healthcare Administration
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly