Baruch College seeks a Finance Coordinator. Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Coordinator will perform various tasks in the office of Accounting and Accounts Payable, including and not limited to the following:
- Process tax and non-tax levy vendor payments and expense reimbursements for the college.
- Maintain detailed financial data and develop reports at the request of the Finance Controller or other college administration.
- Prepare and upload files into CUNYfirst for tax levy and various non-tax levy business units.
- Maintain records/spreadsheets pertaining to non-tax levy and tax levy accounts.
- Suggest and implement improvements to systems, processes, and procedures.
- File and store vouchers in compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Conduct payment audits to ensure accuracy and proper documentation.
- Provide and prepare various accounting entries, analyses, and reconciliations.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Higher education experience preferred
- Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines and follow through on work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all constituents via email, telephone or in person
- Working knowledge of CUNYfirst (Peoplesoft), Microsoft Word, Access, Excel (including pivot tables and VLookups) preferred
- Knowledge of Statewide Financial Systems (SFS) and SharePoint preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Performs financial analysis and administrative work related to College or unit accounting.
- Prepares, reconciles and distributes expenditure and related accounting reports
- Creates and maintains various spreadsheets related to financial analysis
- Processes and tracks transactional entries
- Provides support in the administration of various business operations
- Coordinates with various departments on accounting matters
- Monitors systems and operations to assure a smooth workflow
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$41,780 - $47,498; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
March 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Finance Coordinator
Job ID: 16439
Full/Part Time: Full-Time