Adult Literacy-GED Program Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College Adult ESOL-Literacy-GED Program is seeking teachers of Adult Literacy, GED Preparation and English as a Second Language for Adults. Come join the largest adult education program in Maryland! Our program focuses on life, literacy, and civic skills and GED Preparation (academic) instruction. Classes meet days, evening, or Saturdays at various sites throughout the county.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult Literacy or GED preparation classes.
• Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
• Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
• Master's degree and/or extensive experience in Secondary Education (Math, Language Arts-reading & writing, science , social studies &/or math
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.