Adult ESOL and Literacy Part Time Faculty
The Adult ESOL & Literacy - GED Program at Montgomery College is seeking part-time Adult ESOL and Literacy faculty member for various sites across Montgomery County, days, evenings or weekends. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The AELG Program provides extensive professional development with stipends for workshops and trainings, meetings and in-services. If you are skilled, extremely flexible, and want to change lives, please apply online today!
The Montgomery College Adult ESOL & Literacy - GED Program seeks to provide lifelong learning opportunities to adults who are in need of language and literacy skills in order to fulfill their roles as family members, workers, and active community participants. We strive to provide the best quality education possible to all learners, and will do this regardless of race, religion, marital status, disability, sexual preference, or national origin. Our goal is to help our learners help themselves by accomplishing whatever objectives they set for themselves.
These positions are contingent upon grant funding.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult ESOL, Literacy or Civics ESOL classes.
• Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
• Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• A bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Experience teaching ESOL for a minimum of two years.
• Experience working with a diverse student population.
• Training in teaching ESOL.
• Proven experience in delivery of high quality instruction to limited literacy and language populations.
• Applicants for this position must attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
• A Master's Degree in TESOL or Education with coursework in ESOL Methodology and/or Second Language Acquisition.
• Completion of a TESOL certificate program.
• Teaching experience in Adult or Vocational ESOL.
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.