Director of Testing
Director of Testing
Position Number: 53000632
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Director of Testing. The Director of Testing, adhering to the National College Testing Association Standards and Guidelines, manages the University's comprehensive testing program. This program requires the supervision and training of six full-time employees and eight part-time employees to effectively and efficiently deliver over 20 different testing programs to prospective students, UNG students and to the public at large across all UNG campuses. It requires a high degree of coordination with other units of the university, including but not limited to admissions, learning support, registrar, and distance education.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Director of Testing will:
- Provide leadership and vision for UNG's testing program and Prometric Test Center. Assess testing needs at all campuses and for the public at large and develop the offerings of the testing program as demonstrated by ongoing assessment. Collaborate with UNG departments to develop test offerings as needed.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff across all campuses to guarantee professional test administration and integrity of testing results. Administer tests as needed and provide professional development activities for staff.
- Be responsible for all testing contracts. This includes managing the ordering of tests, administering of tests, returning of test materials, and associated billing with test providers. Oversee the process of providing proctored eCore testing. Ensure technological compliance with all test vendors and UNG IT. Responsible for ensuring test security at all centers.
- Oversee database and tracking of testing scores, their reporting into BANNER, and progress on Complete College Ga testing initiatives and Adult Learning Consortium initiatives related to testing, and other university reporting.
- Be an active participant in strategic planning and innovation efforts for the Division of Student Affairs.
- Coordinate information regarding testing requirements, cut off scores, etc. with Academic Affairs and Admissions, and ensure that information for students via web and/or print is accurate and up to date.
- Serve on various University Committees representing Student Affairs and advocating for student needs.
- Have general oversight of state budget and grant/revenue budget.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty, staff and students
- Excellent time management skills coupled with the ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Knowledge regarding computer hardware and associated testing software
- Proficient with MS suite software, database management and BANNER
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Master's Degree or equivalent of combination and experience
- Four (4) years of related experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.