Assistant Women's Soccer Coach - Full-Time - 12 Month
The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II Women's Soccer program including: student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination, and practice and game coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
Ability to demonstrate proper soccer techniques, set-up and move equipment needed for practice and games
Work Hours: Vary during in-season and out-of-season
Must be willing to work evening and weekends and travel with team as needed
- Teach team members the individual skills and techniques associated with the sport.
- Teach team members the game tactics associated with the sport. Teach team members proper nutrition needed for participation in collegiate athletics.
- Teach team members the proper techniques in strength and conditioning training.
- Teach team members proper time management strategies to balance academic and athletic team demands.
- Teach team captain leadership strategies. To instruct, monitor, counsel and assist student athletes to make sure that they meet satisfactory progress and eligibility rules.
- Provide appropriate leadership, direction, and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the program.
- Create a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- To recruit student athletes that are capable of graduating from this institution.
- Assist with scheduling opponents with a proportional amount of home and away, conference and non-conference and regional games.
- Assist with monitoring academic success for student athletes.
- To be knowledgeable and follow all University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Adherence to NCAA Division II, SSC, and Saint Leo University rules and regulations, supporting the philosophy, goals, and mission of the University and its intercollegiate athletics program as well as adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
- Knowledge of coaching soccer techniques.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes. Leadership skills. Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes. Demonstrated ability to use computer programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Collegiate soccer experience
- Valid Driver's License
Job ID 2017-1257
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo