Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
The Office of Budget & Fiscal Planning (BFP) has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join its Fiscal Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.This position works with FP&A colleagues to engage in fiscal partnerships with academic and administrative units across the CU Boulder campus providing advisory support and facilitating the operational use of fiscal tools. The position also supports the Director of FP&A and the Senior Finance Business Partner across a broad spectrum of modeling, analysis, and process engineering efforts, and will collaborate with finance colleagues as our FP&A team reviews, evaluates, and improves upon or reconceives existing campus-wide fiscal processes and mechanisms.
Who We Are
A growing team within BFP, Fiscal Planning & Analysis (FP&A) exists to support the mission and strategic priorities of the campus by deploying resources to enhance the structure, transparency, and cohesiveness of the full finance continuum on campus, from central resource planning and analysis to unit-level fiscal stewardship. In simple terms, FP&A partners with academic and administrative leaders to solve puzzles and to make sense of how money moves around the CU Boulder campus.
Support of FP&A Modeling, Analysis, and Process Engineering
Support the Director of FP&A and the Senior Finance Business Partner across a broad spectrum of analytical and modeling efforts, including:
* Testing and implementing newly designed or modified funding models and financial reports to enable strategic initiatives and transitions
* Assisting in modeling, research, and analysis underpinning emerging business opportunities
* Contributing to the buildout and operation of campus-level, multi-year financial models and reporting Collaborate with finance colleagues as FP&A reviews, evaluates, and improves upon or reconceives existing campus-wide fiscal processes and mechanisms. Examples include:
* Internal and external sales activities (rates, service-costing, revenue-sharing, etc.)
* Gift fund usage tracking and optimization
* Consideration of enterprise finance software tools and budget allocation model evolutions
Partnership with Academic & Administrative Units - Advisory Support and Fiscal Tools
Join with FP&A colleagues to engage with units (typically finance directors/managers and fiscal staff) as assigned to provide advisory support and and to facilitate the operational use of fiscal tools, including:
* Reviewing unit-level fiscal structure, budgeting/planning cycles, and strategy-resource alignment
* Building out, supporting and/or operating a reporting toolkit to enable data-driven fiscal decisions
* Assisting in the development and delivery of funding requests & other narratives for senior leadership
What We Can Offer
Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be dynamic. Be engaging. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a related field and at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education/public/nonprofit finance or business,
OR a Bachelor's Degree in an unrelated field and at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in higher education/public/nonprofit finance or business.
Exceptional Excel skills, including at least 2 years of experience in creating financial models and analyses, with demonstrable fluency in lookup and conditional functions.
What You'll Need
- Effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Fluency and confidence in discourse with senior and executive leadership and other key constituents.
- Willingness to invest time in further enhancing of spreadsheet modeling and design capabilities.
What We'd Like
Experience in higher education administration.
Master's degree from an accredited university in business, finance, public/higher education administration, or a comparable discipline.
Relevant financial certifications, including CFA, FP&A, CTP, etc.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by March 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11083 - Budget & Fiscal Planning
Posting Date: Mar 1, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00727768