College of the Arts (CART) IT Support Specialist
Posting Date November 5, 2015
Position Title College of the Arts (CART) IT Support Specialist
Vacancy # V-1080
Department Broadcast and Media Operations
Program Dean's Office
Division Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Associate Director, Broadcast and Media Operations, the CART IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing the CART end user community with the software and hardware components required to support the academic programs, research and administrative needs of the college and to maintain our strategic commitment to infuse technology, wherever appropriate, into the teaching, learning and administrative processes at Montclair State University. This position will be proactively involved with standard and secure image creation for Mac and Windows computers based on industry standards. It will assist the College of the Arts with hands-on, remote and phone support in the course of troubleshooting audio/visual, software and hardware components. Additionally, it will support the College's computer laboratories and specialized production and performance locations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor's Degree with at least five (5) years related experience or equivalent; or seven to ten years (7-10) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working for an IT department in the K-12 or Higher Education sector, preferred.
• A+ certification or willingness to obtain A+ certification within 6 months of hire date, a plus
• ACMT Certification, a plus.
• Additional certifications are a plus.
• Hands on experience managing Windows 7 operating system in an enterprise environment.
• Hands-on experience managing Mac OSX (versions 10.6 - 10.10.x ) operating system in an enterprise
• Experience using tools like Munki, Reposado, DeployStudio and NetBoot for application deployment and management.
• Must have experience integrating Mac into a Windows Active Directory environment.
• Must have demonstrated ability in the creation of Apple packages.
• Experience working with programming languages (bash, python), a plus.
• Proficient troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013.
• Demonstrated and thorough understanding of Desktop and Laptop computers, and TCP/IP networking
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM), or comparable deployment tool to be used in deploying software, updates, and imaging.
• Experience imaging Windows machines using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), a plus.
• Must have understanding of Windows domain structure, Active Directory, Terminal Services, remote control support, NTFS and file level permissions. Must have PowerShell scripting language in order to perform system administration.
• Must have MSI packaging abilities.
• Must have working knowledge of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for deploying applications, updates and modifications.
• Must have extensive hardware troubleshooting support of both Mac and PC's (desktops and laptops).
• Experience supporting users with rich media enabled classroom technology is desirable.
• Ability to work evenings or weekends on as needed basis.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date January 2016
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.*
Apply By Until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION