This is a one year Advanced Practice Provider Resident position in the Department of Emergency Medicine. This year will serve to train the advanced practice provider to provide care and management of patients in the Emergency Department. Duties will include direct patient care, patient and family education, as well as serving as a critical member of the clinical care team. This includes obtaining patient health histories, reviewing outside records, performing complete physical examinations, as well as documenting findings, and perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient's clinical status.
When applying please provide one letter of recommendation and upload it under Specific Request 1.
Physician Assistant Resident
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Certified Physician Assistant
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds, or standing/walking for long periods of time.
Provide ambulatory, emergency, and urgent patient care during 4, 10-hour sessions per week ( or equivalent). Work from Advanced Practice Provider Emergency Department Shift Schedule.
Technical and professional knowledge, time management, and effective communication skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or are you eligible to obtain this certification by date of hire?
- * Have you completed or will you complete by date of hire an accredited Physician Assistant program?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Specific Request 1
- Cover Letter