The aircraft electrician is primarily responsible for supervising, inspecting and performing maintenance on aircraft electrical systems. They ensure that the electrical systems on airplanes and helicopters are properly maintained and repaired.
- Diagnose malfunctions in electrical and electronic components
- Maintain electrical/electronic elements of assemblies nickel-cadmium batteries
- Use and maintain common/special tools
- Maintain facilities for storage of flammable and hazardous materials
- Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for an aircraft electrician requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 19 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
Some of the skills you'll learn are:
- Electrical theory and system maintenance
- Troubleshooting procedures
- Soldiering skills
- Superior Leadership Skills
- Preference in mathematics and shop mechanics
- Problem solving
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Working with electrics and electronic equipment
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Mechanical Maintenance (MM) : 104
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with intelligence agencies, commercial airlines and other organizations that have fleets of airplanes/helicopters.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experience and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- AAR Aircraft Services, Inc
- LOCKHEED MARTIN
- Raytheon Company
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support
Also Free College Courses the entire time you are in the service.
- Up to $129,020 to go to College while serving.
- Up to $86,536 to go to college AFTER the military with your rent covered by the Military for 3 full years.
- Up to $20,000 dollar sign on bonus.
- Student Loan repayment of up to $20,000.
- Free Medical and Dental.
- 30 days paid vacation.
- Free Travel.
- And much, much more...
You must be:
- Under 35
- No Major Law Violations (Sexual Misconducts, Domestics..)
- No Major Medical issues (Missing Limbs, Mental Health Issues..)
- Be a US Citizen or Hold at least a green card (I-551)
- High School Diploma/GED holder
Staten Island, NY
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:45:15 PST