Roof Truss Designer / Detailer - Light-Ga. Steel
Industry leading cold-formed steel wall/floor panel and truss manufacturer is looking for a truss designer / detailer / drafter. A structural framing background in light gauge steel and/or wood framing is preferred. Experience with truss design software such as Alpine (TrusSteel) or MiTek (Aegis) software will be strongly considered, and experience in AutoCAD is a plus. The company will train the right candidate. The individual will perform estimates and detailed phases of layout and shop drawing preparation for low to mid-rise buildings ranging from 5000 - 250,000 square foot commercial projects. The ideal candidate should possess a good working knowledge of engineering principals and the application of loads. However, any candidates understanding general building construction, submittal and approval processes, and the capability of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment will be strongly considered. Competitive salary and benefits package provided.
- Utilize steel truss engineering/design software and AutoCAD for estimating and designing cold formed steel roof trusses including submittal, fabrication and installation drawings.
- Coordinate any ongoing project revisions and addenda as required.
- Perform estimating take-offs, learn pricing methods and draft bid proposals eventually becoming proficient assembling estimate packages from start to finish.
- Coordinate and download bid and construction documents using AutoCAD and Adobe software.
- Communicate effectively with team, consultants, vendors, and clients.
- Truss design and/or AutoCAD (or equivalent CAD) software experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat is a plus.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpreting Architectural and Structural Design Documents strongly considered.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices, codes and framing is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient, detail-oriented, dedicated to quality work and able to work within deadlines.
- Degree in Architecture or Engineering technology, or general building construction experience will be strongly considered.
From our inception in 1989, American Panel Tec has grown to become the largest fabricator of load bearing wall panels and metal trusses in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Working with some of the nation's largest and most prominent builders and developers, we have manufactured and delivered over ten million square feet of panels and trusses. Our facility, in South Plainfield, New Jersey, consists of 90,000 square feet of manufacturing area, and 10,000 square feet of office space. Our experienced team provides estimating, design, project management, and installation services.
South Plainfield, NJ
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:59:52 PST