Camp Director (Summer Bridge Academy) High and Middle School (Part Time) - Staff Pool
Camp Directors are responsible for ensuring Youth in Motion high quality standard of excellence! He or she must motivate staff, plan activities, set-up staff meetings, complete paperwork, communicate with main office staff, handle concerns, oversee set- up of labs, provide technical and instructional support, maintain rapport with conference liaisons, uphold quality assurance measurements, and foster a FUN environment in which students are able to learn and think creatively. In addition to maintaining the satisfaction of all students, parents, staff and university liaisons, the Director will act as the Camp Health Officer and will administer all camper medications and perform camper health assessments. Maintaining a safe, supportive, and enjoyable atmosphere
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with location set-up, tear down and product inventory - ability to lift 50lbs
• Plan and execute an organized camper check-in each week
• Act as an emergency substitute for sick/absent Instructor
• Plan, organize, and participate in daily activities and special programs
• Apply appropriate behavior management techniques and document incidents
• Meet Camps Weekly Quality Assurance Measurements
• Maintain positive camp morale
• Additional duties as needed and assigned by your manager
• Ensure staff is prepared with lesson plans each day
• Ensure that staff and students are meeting their goals
• Enforce rules and safety regulations of Youth in Motion Camps
• Ensure staff is maintaining appropriate ratios
• Be available to students while on duty
• Escort students to and from campus location - traveling up to 1 mile
Health, Safety, & First-Aid:
• Execute an organized camper medication check-in and check-out each week
• Administer all camper medications with 100% accuracy
• Maintain accurate, up to date camper medications and health log
• Respond to critical incidents - have good hearing, eye sight and mobility
• Set up and maintain First Aid station
• •Supervise all students and maintain a safe environment
• Perform CPR and FIRST AID
• Operate emergency exits
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's degree required and be a certified teacher with experience programming LEGO based robots. Camp instructors must be CPR and FIRST AID Certified prior to training.
At least two (2) years of classroom experience teaching at the secondary level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The ideal candidate would have expertise in one or more of the following: Biotechnology, Alternative Fuels, web design, Flash animation, and programming in C, digital photography, Vernier Lab Quest Logger Pro, and Robotics). In addition, the candidate would also have a background working with kids and teens. Camp experience is highly recommended. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following:
Flexibility (You may be asked to teach in various subjects or learn courses outside your area of expertise. We are looking for individuals who embrace such challenges.)
Positive attitude and sense of humor
Leadership abilities and strong communication skills
Lots of energy and a team playing attitude
Creative ideas on how to create an engaging and hands on learning environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.