Senior Assistant Director for Student Success Initiatives
The Office of Research and Analysis in the division of Enrollment Management & Student Success (EMSS) at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, seeks a student-centric, meticulous problem-solver to join its research group. Under the supervision of the Director of Research and Analysis, the Senior Assistant Director leads data collection and analysis of student success initiatives, including coordinating and leveraging all aspects of the University's various predictive analytics platforms into coordinated action that will assist with increasing student satisfaction, which will be measured by increased retention and graduation rates. The position will be focused on supplying research-based, best practice student success information and data to decision-makers across EMSS and campus-wide. The successful candidate will have a passion for student success coupled with the understanding of the related data and the ability to communicate actionable information clearly to key stakeholders.
Miami's EMSS Research and Analysis office values critical thinking skills, a sharp eye for detecting discrepancies, creative problem-solving, a commitment to data transparency, an understanding of the need to clarify questions, and a service-oriented approach to addressing the data needs of the office, the division, and the University.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4-5 years' experience in higher education working in a student success related role (academic advising, student affairs, enrollment, etc)
- Demonstrated experience using data to support student success initiatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Skill at creating clear, accurate representation of data
- Ability work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and continually acquire new competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.