VISITING PROFESSOR OF NURSING
The Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU) Nursing Program has an opening for a full-time 9-month Visiting Assistant Professor faculty position with a start date of August 15, 2017. This person will primarily teach in the Pre-licensure (traditional) BSN program at the Lincoln campus of NWU.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an independent Methodist liberal arts university of approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Nebraska. The University’s steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.
* Teach undergraduate nursing courses.
*Hold designation as the Community Health Nursing Lead Faculty.
* Work with nursing faculty to plan, implement, and evaluate nursing curriculum, and related activities.
* A Master’s degree in nursing required; earned doctorate or near completion will be given preference
* License to practice nursing in the state of Nebraska are required
* Areas of practice expertise and/or teaching experience to include Community Health Nursing
*Preference given to candidates with experience in Medical/Surgical Nursing
* Demonstrated commitment to student academic achievement
* Demonstrated critical thinking and time management skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents
* Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
* Willingness to offer office hours or availability to students outside of scheduled lecture and labs
Commitment to Diversity:
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining members of racial/ethnic groups under-represented in higher education. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, transcripts (unofficial to apply, official required upon hire), complete contact information for three references related to teaching abilities sent electronically to Maria Harder at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.