Senior Facilities Planner
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or Planning;
- Minimum of ten - fifteen years' experience in Interior Design and Space Planning;
- Preferably higher education or institutional design experience
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Power Point, Photoshop, MS Office and ARCHIBUS;
- Demonstrated design leadership with portfolio of completed projects
- LEED Accredited Professional or equivalency preferred
The principal role of the Senior Facilities Planner is to direct campus space allocation and provide interior design leadership for the University.
- Direct the planning, space information management (ARCHIBUS) and analysis of space utilization in context of overall strategic planning;
- Track all space requests at SIT for evaluation, approval and implementation;
- Lead the Space Planning Committee meeting;
- Develop space standards, furniture standards and interior finish palettes for the Stevens campus;
- Supervise and manage the work of the Junior Facilities Planner, including managing resource allocation, quality control of team deliverables, and dissemination of information, direction, and feedback.
- Direct "box move" relocation projects (non-capital improvement projects) on campus;
- Assist the Stevens Project Managers on multiple capital improvement projects;
- Work with project design consultants and campus user groups to ensure finishes are applied in accordance with SIT standards;
- Assist with specifying furniture, track furniture procurement, and oversight of furniture installations;
- Review furniture dealership quotes for accuracy and completeness;
- Evaluate completed projects post-occupancy to assess success of materials and furniture specifications;
- Coordinate CAD files and other planning or project documents with design consultants and Project Managers to update the SIT space inventory.
- Provide direction to Facilities and Campus Operations in plans, studies, analyses and reports on space utilization, productivity, industry standards and best practices to support the development of space planning standards and policies at SIT.
- Collect and coordinate data from departments required for space planning and maintain ARCHIBUS database;
- Provide the administration, departments, and their design consultants with updated floor plans and space planning-related data;
- Develop space planning programs consistent with SIT space planning standards;
- Produce project drawings and graphic displays as needed for the project's schematic development, including test-fits and layouts;
- Work with design consultants and Project Managers as necessary to provide clear project plans and space information relevant to project scope.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects;
- Strong aesthetic sensibility;
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- Working knowledge of computers and CAD systems used to effectively produce construction documents, specifications and schedules;
- Ability to communicate the impact of design alternatives and effectively interact with SIT personnel, outside contractors and consultants.
FACILITIES & SUPT SV
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.