Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 2,000 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Wittenberg University is seeking applications for a Registrar. The Register provides for all functions of the Registrar's Office, with responsibility for processes that support University enrollment goals, registration, grading, graduation, and other academic services.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and conduct course registration, scheduling and space management.
- Maintain and update an efficient student records system including academic records, grades and transcripts.
- Responsible for interpretation, explanation and application of academic policies; FERPA and other rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the presentation and distribution of the schedule of classes and related academic materials/website.
- Serve on faculty governance committees (EPC, GMAC, BAS, Field Studies, and Commencement) and attend monthly Faculty and Chair/Director meetings.
- Resolve registration and record related issues that arise with faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Supervise and manage the workflow for one Assistant Registrar and two support staff.
- Certify student enrollment status and degree candidacy.
- Initiate reports and respond to internal and external requests for information, data and analysis.
- Conduct research as appropriate.
- Prepare budget requests for Registrar's Office.
A Master's Degree and 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience are required.
We are looking for applicants with significant experience in integrated information systems, preferably Datatel/Colleague with a demonstrated ability to evaluate and improve systems and procedures, lead staff in responding to change and technological advances, meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks. Experience in supervising both professional and clerical staff is essential and candidates must be committed to assuring them a supportive and professional environment.
Wittenberg believes that a diversified community is educationally imperative; thus, we are committed to ensuring a diverse environment for all individuals regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical ability or disability. In that spirit, we are especially interested in receiving applications from individuals who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please set-up an account in our online recruiting system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.