R&D Senior Data Analyst
Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of both internal and external business problems to be solved with automated systems. Works with users to evaluate and develop systems, analyses and procedures which meet user and business requirements and designs and works with developers to automate systems for both internal and external user applications to meet these needs. Works with programmers using their designs to guide coding. Performs function testing, statistical testing and user acceptance of applications and analyses. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and usage.
Works independently with internal and external clients on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions. Will work with research and development director as well as personnel from the development team/solution design staff in order to analyze client's medical/pharmaceutical claim data from a variety of different perspectives to identify and quantify potential savings opportunities for optimal health plan design. Helps with the analytical approaches, potential solutions, and the operational constraints of the client, and can aid in the implementation of analytic solutions to achieve maximum value from the TrendShift suite of products and services as well as answer additional questions a client may have.
Responsible for working with large files of data and has the ability to translate data results into actionable intelligence.
Has the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to rapidly changing schedules, priorities and workflows. Has excellent group facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
3-5 years experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions using information technology. Significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Understanding of the full cycle of software development methodology.
- In-depth knowledge of building systems solutions.
- Knowledge of scripting and data manipulation languages, i.e., SQL
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processing, managed care operations, and healthcare data attributes.
- Knowledge of claims coding techniques, including CPT and ICD9 coding.
- Expert skills with MS Office applications - Word, Excel, Visio
- In-depth knowledge in business analysis, requirements definition and translation.
- Experience in healthcare claims operations, with a focus on claims adjudication process improvement, claims auditing and claims auto-adjudication enhancement.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Expert presentation skills; comfortable with working with senior management level personnel both inside and outside the organization
- Strong organizational skills, ability to think and react quick, efficient and adequate according to business requirements and various constraints.
- Ability and willingness to learn and use new technologies
- Attention to detail with an eye for quality - sees things others don't
- Practical knowledge of software/data testing
4-year degree in computer science, or related field or equivalent experience
TrendShift is innovating at the intersection of technology and healthcare. Every day, we are inspired to improve healthcare outcomes and ultimately improve peoples lives. And human capital is our most important asset. We are changing the world, and looking for highly motivated, passionate, team players who will join us on this journey. If you have exceptional skills in healthcare or technology, and are committed to making a positive change in peoples lives, we want to hear from you.
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:11:07 PST