Senior Admissions Advisor
The City College of New York seeks a Senior Admissions Advisor. This position will report to the Associate Director of Recruitment.
In addition to the overview duties, the Admissions Senior Advisor will:
- Assist with the development of a strategic recruitment plan for the college including prospective freshman, transfer and graduate students and implement plan.
- Visit high schools, colleges, community organizations and attend college fairs to promote City College.
- Maintain contact with and counsel prospective students, applicants and admitted students from the time of initial contact to enrollment.
- Work with out-of-town students and families on housing and timing of campus visits to coincide with enrollment requirements (e.g., testing, advising, etc.).
- Analyze and evaluate effectiveness of the college's recruitment efforts.
- Increase brand awareness in new geo-markets.
- Supervise the direct admissions process including advertising and review of applications; recruit and counsel students regarding the admissions processes; and review applications of freshmen and transfers.
- Report results of recruitment initiatives as assigned by the Associate Director of Recruitment.
- Implement and coordinate recruitment and marketing initiatives as well as monitor enrollment growth from specific targeted geo-markets.
- Organize on-campus recruitment events for prospective students and families.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required. Experience must include admissions/recruiting for a college or university. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills needed. Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends. Some travel is required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Conducts and coordinates student recruiting and other admissions activities.
- Counsels prospective, transfer, and current students on their academic goals and how they may be achieved at the College, and assists them in preparing academic plans
- Provides referrals to other College departments as needed to further assist student/applicant
- Conducts follow-up with students from inquiry stage to registration
- Reviews applications and provides preliminary recommendations on admissions
- Participates in recruitment programs such as open house sessions, and direct recruiting activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Senior Advisor
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
March 29, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Senior Admissions Advisor
Job ID: 16413
Full/Part Time: Full-Time