University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health | Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) | Evaluation Manager
Position #732086 - Requisition 08693
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Evaluation Manager position.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of functional work units, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes and the supervision of professional and support staff.
The Evaluation Manager position, in collaboration with ECHO-CO leadership, provides the direction and oversight for a comprehensive program of evaluation and research efforts designed to support the mission of ECHO-CO, to inform and facilitate management decision making and to meet reporting requirements as mandated by institutional, other partner/stakeholders, other external agencies or as needed by various stakeholders. The Evaluation Manager will be responsible for the management of all program evaluation activities including goal setting and planning and, ensuring the integrity of data collection, maintenance, analysis and dissemination. The Evaluation Manager will partner with leadership and identified key stakeholders in establishing and administering appropriate outcome measures that align with specific programmatic and overall strategic goals. This position, in partnership with leadership, will be responsible for ensuring timely and consistent reporting of data, benchmarks and other performance indicators and will oversee the preparation of all reports necessary to meet reporting requirements as mandated by various projects or as needed by stakeholders. This position will also act as a performance manager for all direct reports including managing day to day performance and providing clear direction related to activities/goals/objectives.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this full-time position has been established at $65,000 to $75,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
· A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
· Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for collecting and analyzing data, managing high level projects and/or program evaluation or research analysis.
- Master's degree or higher in related field, from an accredited college or university.
- Experience managing small teams of 2 or more employees.
- Experience writing research proposals, accessing and analyzing data for effective decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Significant competency modeling, synthesizing and presenting quantitative and quantitative analysis and data in a variety of formats using a variety of software packages (ATLAS.ti, Nvivo, SAS, SPSS or equivalent statistical packages.
- Strong data management skills.
- Ability to take initiative, be flexible, and take personal accountability