Personnel Security Assistant II
PERSONNEL SECURITY ASSISTANT II
DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY (DOE) - NAVAL REACTORS LABORATORY FIELD OFFICE
The mission of NRLFO is to support the nuclear Navy with clean, safe, reliable nuclear power for its submarines and aircraft carriers. DOE/NRLFO is a vital contributor to reducing the global nuclear danger through its support of the deterrent Naval force.
PSB is responsible for the management and implementation of personnel security programs that support the Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory (KAPL), in Niskayuna, NY, Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory (BAPL), in West Mifflin, PA, Bechtel facilities in Monroeville, PA and Schenectady, NY, Babcock and Wilcox (BWXT) facilities in Lynchburg, VA, Nuclear Fuel Services in Erwin, TN, Naval Reactors Headquarters, at the Washington Naval Yards, as well as numerous training and operational facilities around the world. The responsibilities include coordination, development, implementation, and programmatic oversight of DOE and NRLFO personnel security program policy. In addition, PSB serves as the primary point of contact for federal, state, and private agencies on matters concerning these safeguards and security programs under DOE/NRLFO cognizance.
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q" Security Clearance.
CORE WORK HOURS: 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
TRAVEL: Personnel security interviews (PSIs) conducted at Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Niskayuna, NY (Primary), Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Pittsburgh, PA, Nuclear Fuel Services, Erwin, TN, Babcock and Wilcox facilities, Lynchburg, VA, Naval Reactors Headquarters, Washington, DC, and other NR locations
- Security Related Document Management: Provide expertise and perform all necessary services to review for completeness and process other security-related documents, such as requests for clearance extensions, transfers, reinstatements, reciprocity, terminations, spouse/cohabitant data documents, incident reports, requests for personnel security files or information therein, and any other requests related to a personnel security action; access credit report system and produce credit reports; and query OPM data base for investigation status.
- Resolution Findings: Assist with the resolution of findings as a result of internal or external audits, assessments, and reviews. Support shall include root cause analysis of findings, preparation of corrective action plans and milestones as appropriate. Assure that milestones are met and that corrective actions are taken to ensure closure and validation of findings.
- Associate's Degree and two year of experience within the personnel security field. (If Bachelor's Degree is obtained, only one year of experience within the personnel security field is needed)
- Four years of experience within the personnel security field.
- Must have excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Must exhibit accepted customer service practices and professional acumen in response to daily tasks, suspense dates, and requests for information.
- Must have extensive knowledge of technical editing and analysis techniques.
Veteran Solutions, Inc. (VSI) is a privately owned small business providing government and industry clients with exceptional professional services within an array of fields including Intelligence, Security, Administrative and Management services, Secure Facility Construction as well as others. Come join our team as we grow our company and be part of our success.
Sun, 19 Feb 2017 10:10:09 PST