I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001024 Academic Title: Assistant Professor Rank: Administrative Title: Assistant Professor of Curriculum and Pedagogy Discipline Education Specialty: TESOL/ESL and Foreign Language Education Contract Type: Non-Tenure Track, Time-Limited Appointment (provide appt period) - 09/01/2017-08/31/2020 Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 09/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington University (GW) Graduate School of Education and Human Development invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Curriculum and Pedagogy - TESOL/ESL and Foreign Language Education (renewable three-year contract, non-tenure accruing, 12-month fiscal year appointment).
The George Washington University is located in the heart of Washington DC, at the center of U.S. government, policy and law. This location provides a unique setting to study, teach and learn among leaders and practitioners in every discipline, taking part in the interchanges that shape the local DC community, the nation, and the world.
The Graduate School of Education and Human Development currently houses five departments (Curriculum and Pedagogy, Counseling and Human Development, Educational Leadership, Human and Organizational Learning, and Special Education and Disability Studies), with graduate programs at the Foggy Bottom campus in Washington, the GW Virginia Science and Technology Campus in Ashburn, VA, and at education centers in Arlington, Alexandria, and Hampton Roads, VA. The school has an exciting and growing online presence as well.
The Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy is seeking candidates for a contract faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor to begin as early as September 1, 2017.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The position is designed to enhance the capacity of the department, school, and university in TESOL/ESL and Foreign Language Education, while providing leadership for a TESOL Certificate Program in education; coordination of ESL and Foreign Language concentration areas in the M.Ed. program in Secondary Education; and academic support for M.A. and doctoral programs in Curriculum and Instruction. Along with teaching in these programs, the position also entails advising master's degree and doctoral students in the fields of TESOL/ESL and Foreign Language Education.Minimum Qualifications:
For an assistant professor appointment, the minimum qualifications are:
• An Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction or related field
• A promising research agenda in TESOL, ESL, and/or Foreign Language Education.
• Experience teaching and advising undergraduate and/or graduate students, including pre-service teachers.
• Experience administering TESOL, ESL, and/or Foreign Language Education programs.
• At least three years of experience teaching ESL and/or Foreign Language in K-12 schools.
Please upload the following:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
3. Names and Contact Information for at least 3 references
Review of applications will begin on November 30, 2016, and will continue until position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/38601
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction or related field?
- * Do you have a promising research agenda in TESOL, ESL, and/or Foreign Language Education?
- * Do you have experience teaching and advising undergraduate and/or graduate students, including pre-service teachers?
- * Do you have at least three years of experience teaching ESL and/or Foreign Language in K-12 schools.
- * Do you have experience administering TESOL, ESL, and/or Foreign Language Education programs?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact Information for References