Assistant Professor in Nursing
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 12 MO
Working Title: Assistant Professor in Nursing
Type of Employment: Faculty
Department: Dean of Nursing and Health Prof
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Position Summary: The School of Nursing invites applications for the position of Medical/Surgical, Pediatric and/or Maternal Child nursing faculty in the ACEN accredited Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. Participation in teaching, student advising, professional service and scholarly activity is expected. This is a full-time (12 mo.), non tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor. This position will begin Fall 2017.
- Actively participates in development and evaluation of curriculum, course content, clinical experiences, and test construction.
- Responsible for clinical and didactic courses appropriate to areas of expertise.
- Plans and supervises clinical seminars.
- Establishes effective coordinating relationships with co-workers and clinical agencies.
- Continues education for professional growth.
- Conducts continuing education offerings.
- Participates in nursing research and other scholarly work, including but not limited to presentations at professional meetings, publications, grant applications, book and textbook reviews, enrollment in university courses.
- Participates in academic advising and guidance of students .
- Maintains office hours
- Participates in the faculty organization and appropriate program, college and university activities
- Serves on assigned program, college and university committees.
- Sponsors and promotes planned activities of students, program, college and university as requested.
- Contributes to the community through involvement in and/or consultation to health related organizations, board memberships, or professional presentations to the public
- Participates in planning for the continued growth and progress of the program through faculty and student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Holds membership and participates in organizations that advance the profession of nursing, such as ANA,STTI or other professional organizations.
General Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, hours vary depending of clinical rotation assignments
Other: 12 credit hour teaching workload.
Academic experience would be beneficial.
A cover letter, resume, and reference list (in MS Word or PDF format) must be attached to the electronic application.
Minimum Qualifications: Master of Science in Nursing required.
PhD or DNP preferred.
Licensure to practice nursing as an RN in Arkansas.
At least two (2) years of clinical practice as a Registered Nurse.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.