Assistant Professor of HEA
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F001016 Academic Title: Assistant Professor of HEA Rank: Administrative Title: Assistant Professor of HEA Discipline Education Specialty: Contract Type: Tenure Track, Renewable Appointment (initial appt period) - 08/01/2017-06/30/2020 Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 08/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
Located in Washington, DC, The George Washington University's Graduate School of Education and Human Development (GSEHD) is comprised of five departments, offering a number of graduate programs at the master's, educational specialist, and doctoral levels that prepare students for a variety of leadership roles in diverse education settings in both public and private sectors.
The Higher Education Administration Program is fast growing and steadily rising in national visibility. Our degrees (MA and EdD) prepare future leaders who can apply knowledge and analytical skills to shape postsecondary education for its role in society. Our mission is accomplished through foundation and applied coursework to develop analysis of critical issues in the field, individualized attention to students' progress, and support for execution of original student research. As the only higher education administration program within Washington, DC, the Program takes advantage of its unique location by attracting higher education leaders from associations, federal and international government agencies, and research centers to participate in our students' learning experiences. To learn more about the Higher Education Administration Program and our faculty, please visit gsehd.gwu.edu/hea.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The Graduate School's Higher Education Administration Program in the Department of Education Leadership seeks an enthusiastic scholar to fill a new tenure-accruing position of Assistant Professor in Higher Education Administration (9-month appointment) beginning as early as fall, 2017. We are especially interested in individuals with a strong research agenda in college student learning and development; higher education administration, leadership, organizational theory; and/or policy. Additionally, we are interested in scholars whose research focus and teaching interests invite interdisciplinary applications and cross multiple institutional types in postsecondary education.Minimum Qualifications:
• An earned doctorate in Higher Education Administration or a related field by the date of appointment;
• Demonstrated excellence for scholarly productivity in the field;
• Demonstrated ability to teach high quality graduate courses; and
• Work experience in higher education administration.
Please upload the following:
• Cover letter that indicates the position for which you are applying, the ways in which your background/experiences specifically match with the qualifications of the position, your research and teaching experiences and research agenda.
• A current curriculum vita.
• A sample of your best scholarly work (e.g., publication, dissertation chapter, etc.).
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
• Complete contact information for at least 3 references.
Review of applications will begin November 30, 2016, and will continue until position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/38464
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have demonstrated excellence for scholarly productivity in the field?
- * Do have demonstrated ability to teach high quality graduate courses?
- * Do you have work experience in higher education administration?
- * Do you or will you have an earned doctorate by the date of appointment in Higher Education Administration or related field?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Sample Publications
- Names and Contact Information for References
- Course Evaluations or Summaries