Post-doctoral Scholar - Center for Critical Korean Studies 2017-2018
Open February 27th, 2017 through April 30th, 2017
The Center for Critical Korean Studies (CCKS) at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a full-time, non-tenured, academic term appointment for Post-doctoral scholar position from September 1, 2017 to August 31, 2018. While in residence at the Center, the postdoc will:
o Work on an individual research project leading to publication as defined in the cover letter.
o Give a one public lecture or works-in-progress talk on campus during appointment period.
o Attend and co-organize CCKS-sponsored events, such as lectures, film screenings and symposia.
o Ph.D. in a humanities or social science and on a Korea-related research topic (graduated within the past seven years)
This position is full-time and includes benefits. Starting annual salary is $48,216. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
o Application must be submitted by April 30, 2017 at (position number)
o Interested candidates should submit the required application materials listed below at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03869
o Candidate must have the proof of degree completion before the appointment begins on September 1, 2017.
Applications must include the following:
o Cover letter explaining research project, teaching experience and what you plan to accomplish while in residence at CCKS
o Writing sample (max. 30 pages)
o Curriculum Vitae (CV)
o 3 letters of recommendation
o Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Contact: Erica Yun, CCKS Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - o Cover letter explaining research project, teaching experience and what you plan to accomplish while in residence at CCKS
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Writing sample - Writing sample (max. 30 pages)
3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now