Staff Associate - Teacher Education
Staff Associate - Teacher Education
Position Number: 53000931
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Staff Associate in the Teacher Education Department. This position works as part of a team with the admissions coordinator, the College of Education (COE) advisement center coordinator, and the COE field placement coordinator to ensure that all aspects, including administrative and receptionist duties of student and faculty services, are addressed in a timely manner.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Staff Associate will:
- Provide administrative, secretarial, and receptionist duties in support of the department head and faculty; create a variety of complex documents using word processing, spreadsheets and desktop publishing software.
- Review, crosscheck details, build and post semester class schedules for the Department of Teacher Education, as well as external programs within the College of Education. This includes assigning classrooms for Teacher Education classes, honoring requests for classroom space in Memorial Hall and Dunlap for other departments in a special scheduling system (ERS), and maintaining a separate schedule for the Dunlap 216 conference room. Assists with registration of students, roll verification and verification of submitted grades. Review bookstore orders and communicate with program coordinators to ensure completeness of textbook orders
- Manage the ordering and inventory of general office supplies and other approved purchases for the department. Also makes reservations for faculty seminars and travel requests. Purchasing responsibilities for the department may require travel to local stores for in-person purchasing. Maintain monthly Purchasing Card database for the department including tracking of all orders placed, sign off, coding of purchases, maintains receipts for all purchases, and reconciles all monthly charges in current university systems (required systems are subject to change).
- Manage the facilities schedule/requests for use of Dunlap and Memorial Hall, key inventories, and general faculty communications including email updates and daily delivery of postal mail. Assist with departmental faculty and staff work orders, including office move/relocations in planning and execution. Manages departmental student workers by hiring them, forming their schedule, approving pay, and assigning tasks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems and equipment
- Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. Requires knowledge of Banner
- Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Access or other software
- Ability to prioritize tasks is essential; ability to maintain records and gather and process information
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive files
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.