IT Service Desk Manager (Internal Search)
IT Service Desk Manager (Internal Search)
Position Number: 53054053
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an IT Service Desk Manager. The IT Service Desk Manager will oversee Service Desk staff located in Dahlonega and Cumming to ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. To oversee established policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for maintaining appropriate staffing, service process design, performance analysis, and provides input on improvement plans. The Service Desk Manager will also contribute to escalated first tier resolution by support to end users when necessary.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The IT Service Desk Manager will:
- Manage the processing of customer contact to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail, chat and walk-in visit to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues and requests.
- Oversee the administration of service desk staff procedures and policies. Train, coach and mentor Service Desk staff. Assign employee scheduling, conduct review, and administer employee improvement plans.
- Monitor incident escalation (SLAs), processes, and trends to ensure proper escalation and information exchange within the organization. Coordinate improvement processes and follows up with clients to assess customer satisfaction.
- Lead the delivery of IT services from the Service Desk outlets, interact with internal groups and customers to identify opportunities for service provisioning and improvement. Coordinates information gathering to provide timely announcements and updates to the University community in regards to IT information.
- Provide reports and updates to IT Leadership on the overall status of service and IT's relationship with the customer. Contribute to knowledge base documentation, FAQs, reports, budgets, and maintain service desk communication channels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in continuous professional development to achieve prescribed goals in coordination with Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and peripheral installation and support
- Knowledge of PC networking in a Windows environment
- Knowledge of desktop/laptop/mobile systems and remote support
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent work experience and training
- At least four years' experience working in an IT/Service environment; or, an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above
- Training in ITIL required; Certification preferred
- On-call availability and some travel will be required
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.