Software Developer - System Programmer
WORK LOCATION ABERDEEN, MD
Product Integration Testing Team (PITT) Software Developer
Location: Aberdeen, MD
Clearance: Interim Secret - Clearable to TS
Certification: IAT II - such as Sec+
Shift: Day - 40 Hours*
The candidate will work for the Product Integration Testing Team (PITT) providing software development support for a DOD client. Software is developed on and deployed in a Linux server environment.
• Incorporate new features and changes based on stakeholder requirements.
• Assist in problem diagnosis and remediation.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.(Clearable to TS)
• Minimum/General Experience: Requires a total of at least 6 years experience in Information Systems with at least 3 of those years in system programming.
• Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent in addition to the experience cited above (10 years of total experience).
• Knowledgeable understanding of full software development/maintenance life cycle.
• Familiarity with debugging and troubleshooting techniques.
• Familiarity with version control and secure coding practices.
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix.
• Familiarity with relational databases.
• Provide occasional off-hour response to emergency situations
• Ability to follow policies and procedures during development/support process
• Ability to obtain the security certifications mandated by the DOD 8570 for performing management duties: SSCP or CEH
Highly Desirable skills:
• Motivated individual able to work multiple tasks independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong people skills and the ability to communicate effectively
• An understanding of DOD and Army information Assurance policy and regulations.
• Ability to adapt to a structured, fast paced, working environment.
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 13:09:51 PST