Professional Research Asst
• Research Project Coordinator
- Help manage day to day operations of the laboratory
- Assist with our undergraduate student research program including organizing interviews, new hires, and scheduling (currently 26 students)
- Assist graduate and post-doctoral students and faculty with their protocols
- Assist with preparation of IRB, NIH, and other grant funding reports
- Research record documentation
- Help maintain and update human subject data
- Provide department staff with information to maintain lab website current and advertise for research studies
- Assist with laboratory maintenance, including purchasing of supplies and training staff/maintaining a cleaning schedule
- Processing paperwork for reimbursements and billings
- Record Minutes at scientific and lab meetings
- Some knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as a team member required (currently 13 paid staff)
- Other duties as needed
Start date: ASAP after finding the right candidate
Special Instructions to Applicants:The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Reference Letters (Not Confidential), Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Cover Letter; 2 - Curriculum Vitae; 3 - The document uploaded for Proof of Degree can be a Transcript which shows the date the degree was conferred; Copy of Diploma; or official letter from the Registrar or the Dean of the School or College conferring the degree; and 4 - Letter of Recommendation This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10175 - Integrative Physiology
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kenneth P. Wright, Jr.
Posting Contact Email: Kenneth.Wright@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00632808