* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Prevention Research Center
Business Services Senior Professional (Finance Coordinator)
Position #731989 - Requisition #08603
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Prevention Research Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Senior Professional (Finance Coordinator) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This position is responsible for developing and overseeing contracts and other agreements; generating and analyzing reports; tracking expenditures and ensuring accuracy of the financial accounting and reconciliation process; collaborating with the Department of Pediatrics and the University Office of Grants and Contracts to ensure appropriate budgeting, expenditures and accounting of federal and other external funding sources; and financial management of the Prevention Research Center. Specific examples of work performed may include:
- Oversees the preparation of grant applications and ensures all University and Sponsor guidelines for submission are met before routing to the Department of Pediatrics and the University Office of Grants and Contracts.
- Prepares, monitors and analyzes monthly/quarterly financial reports for Sponsor and Principal Investigator. Prepares financial business plans for the Center at large and individual programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal controls for finance, grants, and contract administration to monitor revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds.
- Train faculty and staff, both one-on-one and in larger group settings, on proper fiscal policy and procedures for procurement and travel card use, reimbursement documentation requirements, travel and payment vouchers, and initiating appropriate action to ensure compliance.
- Manages the Center's receivables (invoicing and collections for all parts of Center) as well as deposits for UPI and the University. Authorizes expenditures ensuring compliance with University, State, University of Colorado Medicine and various Sponsor rules and regulations.
- Maintains Shopper/Requester/Approver for Marketplace orders, and procurement and Travel card purchases and re-allocation. Manages purchase order creation and receiving to ensure payments are released per University policies and procedures.
- Complete all Federal forms pertaining to grants before routing to the Department of Pediatrics and the University Office of Grants and Contracts
- Various other technical or professional duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.
Review of applications will begin March 6, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Required Application Materials:
To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current CV/resume
- List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Questions should be directed to Danette Fisher at [email protected].
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, business, finance, accounting or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience in financial management and/or accounting.
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- At least 6 months - 1 year of experience in higher education working with Concur, PeopleSoft Finance System (FIN) or other similar financial systems
- Grant and contract management experience
- Previous experience in health research operations and financial management
- Experience working in clinical and policy-research contexts
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of the rules of the School of Medicine and policies as they apply to financial processes.
- Experience that demonstrates professionalism, the ability to manage multiple tasks, work in a complex environment, demonstrated resourcefulness, the ability to problem-solve and work independently with minimal supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Danette Fisher at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin March 6, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21657 - SOM-PEDS Prev Rsch Ctr
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Danette Fisher
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00731989