Assistant/Associate Professor/Professor (Multiple Positions)
Campus Description: Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools - Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare - as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Budget Title: Same as above
Department: Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy (Practice and Clinical Sciences)
Salary: Depending on Qualifications
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Required Qualifications: Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Sciences Faculty -- The candidate must have a PharmD and completed a PGY1 or PGY2/Fellowship residency program (or equivalent experience). The candidate must present evidence of a license/or eligibility for licensure as a registered pharmacist in the state of New York by employment date.
Preferred Qualifications: Pharmacists in all specialty areas are encouraged to apply for these full-time positions. Preference will be given to those with board certification or added qualifications in their area of specialty. Preferred teaching and practiced experiences for the founding faculty are in the areas of acute/intensive care, emergency medicine, infectious diseases, ambulatory care, internal medicine, cardiology neurology, pediatrics and oncolody.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Teaching: Coordinate and teach required and elective topics in the PharmD curriculum. Clinical faculty will serve as preceptors for PharmD students and mentors for PHY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residents. Faculty will embrace team-based learning pedagogy and be able to demonstrate educational innovation, integration and creativity though development and implementation of active learning in the classroom.
- Scholarship: Develop a program of basic and translational research and/or academic scholarship as evidenced by attainment of research/training grants, presentations, and publications of research and academic scholarly work.
- Service to the University/School: Participation in Department, School, and University/Campus Committees and serving in an advisory role to student groups of functions.
- Clinical Service: Provision of an advanced and institutional or ambulatory clinical service.
- Collegiality, team building, professional and ethical behaviors.
- May different practice sites are available in our partner teaching hospitals, Stony Brook University Hospital. Other practice sites are potentially available at Southampton, Mather, Mt. Sinai, Brookhaven and other Long Island Hospitals.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Chair.
Special Notes: Eligibility for tenure will be based upon applicant's qualifications and experience. Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2017. Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree .
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application , cover letter and resume/CV to:
Search Committee - Pharmacy Practice and Clinical Sciences Faculty
Health Sciences Tower, Level 4 Room 184
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8430
Fax: (631) 444-8494
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 04/06/2017 , unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: A2) Health Science and Medical Center Faculty.
Posting Date: 02/02/2017