Account Technician II
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-01-2017
This position provides assistance to customers and the Student Accounts department. This involves helping customers understand their individual account and insuring that their account has been accurately assessed tuition, fees and other charges in the University's student accounts receivable system. In addition, this position performs off-site presentations representing the Student Accounts department while maintaining relationships interdepartmentally and inter-institutionally. This position is responsible for processing accounts payable invoices for the department. This position creates various reports for the Bursar and Accountants and processes adjustments to the University's student accounts receivable system.
1. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation that totals 1.0 unit according to the conversion rates below:
(a) work experience performing duties comparable to the next lower level of this series
(b) college coursework in accounting (verify with transcript)
(c) college coursework in any curriculum (verify with transcript)
- 2 years of a = 1.0 unit
- 9 semester hours of b = 1.0 unit
- 90 semester hours in c = 1.0 unit
Amounts of experience and training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Knowledge of university policies in regards to their effect on the department.
2. Thorough knowledge of Campus Solutions, Student Financials module.
3. Knowledge of Financial Aid, Registration, Housing, and Student Health Service procedure & rules especially in regard to their effect upon Student Financials.
4. Ability for decision making.
5. Basic knowledge concerning workings of other departments and how they interact within the University.
6. Proficient in Microsoft EXCEL, and working knowledge of computer applications from the "user" point of view.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.